New Detroit Branch

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Datch
Little Acorn

Re: New Detroit Branch

Post by Datch »

I see those big warrior men standing on each side of the gate.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

The poster's amazing. I keep looking to see if they slipped the old building of Cass Tech High School in there, but can't tell.

And, holy hell, people... The Gories are playing at Third Man Records!!!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Datch wrote:I see those big warrior men standing on each side of the gate.
Those are Gogs, at least that's what Rob calls them.

I'm headed over to Ikea tomorrow, maybe I can convince the MRS. to swing by (it's like an hour out of the way round trip).
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

I am going to Detroit for the opening. I arrive on Thursday. Would any locals like to have a Canadian over for Thanksgiving dinner? Maybe TMR Detroit is having their own Thanksgiving dinner? I will bring Canadian beer.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

koala wrote:Image

No comments on the poster?
It appears that "...all they got inside is vacancy".
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Weather is miserable here in MI.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That's not stopping folks at TMR from having a good time-- https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ynKOgVaDlvKR
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Recording booth and Mold-A-Rama....nice!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I love that the Mold-A-Rama is of the RRS, too.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

The line to get in just now-- https://www.periscope.tv/w/1jMJgVPmmvyGL

That link ^^ is now showing Lillie Mae's performance.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

rsimms3 wrote: Image
sooo is this the same?

If so then I was right about them going to be on a wall :D
Datch wrote:I just see boxes lol, for all we know they could just as well line up a complete wall with them.
Something like this effect. *picture edited out*
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Some comments from Swank about how this will affect their relationship with URP-- http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ords-store
The company will also be opening a 10,000-square-foot vinyl record pressing plant. Eight machines have been purchased from Germany and are expected to be delivered in January, according to Swank, with the plant operational by spring -- although he added that Third Man will also maintain its current relationship with United Record Pressing in Nashville.

"We reached a point where we wanted to start pressing our own records," Swank explained. "It wasn't something we ever wanted to do in Nashville; we've got a really good relationship with United there and felt like if we were going to start pressing our own stuff we shouldn't do it in (Nashville) and directly compete with someone we've worked so closely with and will continue to work so closely with. We'll do our own stuff but we'd like to help out smaller labels, the bedroom labels, that have to wait longer to get their stuff (pressed) sometimes and maybe work with those types of clients. We'll have to see as we get into it."
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Kali Durga wrote:Some comments from Swank about how this will affect their relationship with URP-- http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ords-store
The company will also be opening a 10,000-square-foot vinyl record pressing plant. Eight machines have been purchased from Germany and are expected to be delivered in January, according to Swank, with the plant operational by spring -- although he added that Third Man will also maintain its current relationship with United Record Pressing in Nashville.

"We reached a point where we wanted to start pressing our own records," Swank explained. "It wasn't something we ever wanted to do in Nashville; we've got a really good relationship with United there and felt like if we were going to start pressing our own stuff we shouldn't do it in (Nashville) and directly compete with someone we've worked so closely with and will continue to work so closely with. We'll do our own stuff but we'd like to help out smaller labels, the bedroom labels, that have to wait longer to get their stuff (pressed) sometimes and maybe work with those types of clients. We'll have to see as we get into it."
With their part-ownership in URP, I figured this was a move to get priority items out at their preference rather than be subject to URP's larger customer base.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

have I missed this White Stripes colour by numbers single photos on here, or is there nothing posted here yet?