runofthemill
Little Ghost

New Detroit Branch

Post by runofthemill »

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: New Detroit Branch

Post by rsimms3 »

That took long enough....but I'm looking forward to it.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This is gigantic news, for TMR, for Shinola, for Detroit, for all of us. I've been familiar with Shinola for a couple of years now through the store I work for in DC, they're a fantastic company that's grown tremendously quickly, and their ethos meshes so well with Third Man's. I'm ecstatic over this.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

maxman142001 wrote:https://youtu.be/r2atQddA-GU
Shinola's growth has been pretty amazing. Within a couple of months, they had generated so much interest in the brand that they were having trouble fulfilling orders. And they're everywhere now, the store I work for is actually going to stop carrying them this year because they opened their own shop a few blocks away and are now in so many other local stores. As sad as I am to not be working with them anymore, it's been really gratifying to see them be so successful. And to see them team up with Third Man to this degree just blows my mind, it says so much.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

This is going to make my RSD trip about 10 hours shorter each way.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

How about rocking a limited Third Man Records Shinola bike, Kali?

Turns out that it's three hours less for me to drive to Detroit than Nashville. Flying, driving, whatever. I'm in.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

Is anyone in line yet for opening day? :D
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
tardis20
Little Bird

Post by tardis20 »

Super exciting news since I live in the metro Detroit area. Should be 15 minutes away...

Parking in that area sucks but I know there are a lot of tricks I probably don't know about.

I will now feel torn for RSD between TMR and Dearborn Music, I guess it'll depend on what surprises they have. I think I definitely have to go for the opening on Black Friday.

Anyone wonder if they'll have a live performance room??

So happy the first TMR Store outside of TN is in Detroit and not LA, or something...Jack has really been investing back in Detroit which is nice with some of the press he got here in the past...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

anonymousbrunette wrote:How about rocking a limited Third Man Records Shinola bike, Kali?

Turns out that it's three hours less for me to drive to Detroit than Nashville. Flying, driving, whatever. I'm in.
I'm just waiting for the announcement of one, Ara, and hoping it'll come while I can still order one through work at cost ;) Shinola bike frames are made by Waterford, I'd love to have one.

And the drive to Detroit is lovely, I really enjoyed it last summer. Makes for an excellent road-trip.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Awesome news.
Nashville 7012,20 kilometers from Amsterdam but Detroit is only 6298 kilometers :thumbup:
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

BluefordT wrote:Is anyone in line yet for opening day? :D
You know Jett is.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

So, does this mean transfers for some Nashville staff? Homecoming for others?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Where will they park the RRS? It will get car-jacked in Detroit
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

arewhyehen wrote:Where will they park the RRS? It will get car-jacked in Detroit
In Nashville....

I would guess (yes purely a guess), but I would imagine most of the creative aspects will stay at TMR, and the Detroit location will be more of just a store front (aka a year round pop up.)
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net