Blue Room Spotlight Series

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Blue Room Spotlight Series

Post by Kali Durga »

Saw the video from this was posted in the Danny Kroha thread, figured the new series deserved a thread, too.-- http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/introdu ... ht-series/  

We’re very excited to announce a new addition to the Third Man lexicon… A very cool collaboration with Red Digital Cinema Camera Company that we are calling The Blue Room Spotlight Series. The Spotlight Series features visually arresting, intimate performances in our Blue Room venue, shot by in-house film and video guru Brad Holland on RED cameras, and posted in 4K resolution. The Blue Room Spotlight Series will feature a variety of artists either local to Nashville or passing through town... They could be TMR recording stars or just artists we admire and respect. All genres of the musical spectrum will be represented, and artists are encouraged to re-interpret their material in ways that fans previously haven’t heard. Anything goes, and we'll be there to capture it.

First entry--

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Re: Blue Room Spotlight Series

Post by littlecreamsoda3 »

Danny is the man.
Can't wait to see what other artists participate. It feels like it will be a fairly frequent series, maybe once a month or more?

Any guesses on who will be next?
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Exciting !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

LJ
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

They need to post this stuff at the crack of dawn so I don't have to wait til I get home from work to watch/listen.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

After listening to the latest JL's one, the way this is made, it would made an amazing 7" collection to enjoy with my absinthe dosis. When?
This machine steals souls.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That Septavox is pretty darned cool. And LJ has a very soothing voice.

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Wonderful performance.
His vocals are very reminiscent of something off Dead Man's Bones' album.

http://youtu.be/k022p_VPUbM[/youtube]
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”