RSD @ TMR - April 19th 2014

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: RSD @ TMR - April 19th 2014

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:Has anyone framed their tickets and record and any other merch from the show???

I was just messing around in photoshop to get layouts and came up with this. I'd love to see what others are doing or take suggestions on mine..

I like what you have done ! Damn Me and the Wife was looking like crazy for that pick. You could of atleast told us you found it :thumbup: Lucky Bastard :wave:
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Has anyone framed their tickets and record and any other merch from the show???

I was just messing around in photoshop to get layouts and came up with this. I'd love to see what others are doing or take suggestions on mine..

I like what you have done ! Damn Me and the Wife was looking like crazy for that pick. You could of atleast told us you found it :thumbup: Lucky Bastard :wave:
I did tell a few people that I found out, before bolting out of there..haha

The first one was thrown to me by Jack but I couldnt find it on the floor in the dark. At the end of the show I got the attention of the piano player so he could hand me the pick Jack left on top during the set. It was the one that he played the first half of the set with, meaning the tracks for the fastest record. I was really excited to get it. Then after that I grabbed my phone to turn on the light and look for the one Jack threw to me, and it ended up being under my shoe...haha
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:

I did tell a few people that I found out, before bolting out of there..haha

The first one was thrown to me by Jack but I couldnt find it on the floor in the dark. At the end of the show I got the attention of the piano player so he could hand me the pick Jack left on top during the set. It was the one that he played the first half of the set with, meaning the tracks for the fastest record. I was really excited to get it. Then after that I grabbed my phone to turn on the light and look for the one Jack threw to me, and it ended up being under my shoe...haha
Thats so cool, congratulations. I've had Boat get one at The Ryman right next to me and at Atlanta people were fighting for them so I did not try hard. I've been close. Would love to get one. Maybe in New Orleans, I'm second row center in the pit. Maybe this time will be the charm !!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:Thats so cool, congratulations. I've had Boat get one at The Ryman right next to me and at Atlanta people were fighting for them so I did not try hard. I've been close. Would love to get one. Maybe in New Orleans, I'm second row center in the pit. Maybe this time will be the charm !!!
I know the feeling. I had many close calls before I actually got one. I've had amazing luck at other shows getting drum sticks or picks, but Jack has always been tough for me haha
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Never had a chance to get a pick:( although one time at a QOTSA concert Josh threw his pick hit me right in the eye and I was like what the F just hit my eye then I noticed the people in front of me scrambling around and they picked up the pick was kinda sad.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Getbacktogether wrote:Never had a chance to get a pick:( although one time at a QOTSA concert Josh threw his pick hit me right in the eye and I was like what the F just hit my eye then I noticed the people in front of me scrambling around and they picked up the pick was kinda sad.
Ahh, that is terrible. I've had many crappy stories when it comes to that kind of stuff too. At the MI Fest Raconteurs show a few years back, Jack smiled and winked at my girlfriend and I during the encore and then he grabbed a spare pick and threw us the one he played the show with and a spare one. They landed in the security/photographers area but we had talked to the one security guard and he was going to get them for us if that happened.....well all of a sudden a photographer bolts over and takes one before security could walk over and grab it. The security guard went after her for a second and then another security guard grabbed the second one while our guy was chasing the photographer and handed it to someone else... I was pretty pissed to say the least..haha Almost 3 years ago and I am still angry :lol:
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

arewhyehen wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:Never had a chance to get a pick:( although one time at a QOTSA concert Josh threw his pick hit me right in the eye and I was like what the F just hit my eye then I noticed the people in front of me scrambling around and they picked up the pick was kinda sad.
Ahh, that is terrible. I've had many crappy stories when it comes to that kind of stuff too. At the MI Fest Raconteurs show a few years back, Jack smiled and winked at my girlfriend and I during the encore and then he grabbed a spare pick and threw us the one he played the show with and a spare one. They landed in the security/photographers area but we had talked to the one security guard and he was going to get them for us if that happened.....well all of a sudden a photographer bolts over and takes one before security could walk over and grab it. The security guard went after her for a second and then another security guard grabbed the second one while our guy was chasing the photographer and handed it to someone else... I was pretty pissed to say the least..haha Almost 3 years ago and I am still angry :lol:
Lol I would still be upset about that as well. Big bummer:(
TRWS75
Little Cream Soda

Post by TRWS75 »

Jettkoral wrote:WWH Poster
Thanks.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Got this from Cam.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I've been waiting for those photos, thank you (and Cam) for letting us know they're on the way.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:I've been waiting for those photos, thank you (and Cam) for letting us know they're on the way.
Yeah. I have been checking a lot too. I feel like I won't be in many because of where I was and where the photos were being taken from. I hope I am wrong though. I would love at least ONE photo showing that I am front row.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I want to see them because one of the photographers ended up shooting from over my shoulder for a couple of songs. So any of his photos will be exactly the view I had during the show.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:I want to see them because one of the photographers ended up shooting from over my shoulder for a couple of songs. So any of his photos will be exactly the view I had during the show.
Haha, yeah he came over to shoot over my shoulder for a bit too. I was squished and a bit annoyed but I knew it was for a good reason
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Actually, it worked out well on my side. There was a stand with a light fixture on it between me and the stage and in the process of squishing over so that I wouldn't bump into him I ended up edging around the stand and right up against the stage. So he probably annoyed the people next to me more than he did me.
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

Still waiting on photos to be posted. Do you think that this far out they will still be put up? I thought I read earlier that they were being edited and then would be put up on the vault.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.