RSD @ TMR - April 19th 2014

Your Turntable's Not Dead
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: RSD @ TMR - April 19th 2014

Post by arewhyehen »

mojoryan wrote:So, did nyone check out the "Listening Room" Saturday? It was listed on the directional sign, and I completely forgot about it. My son mentioned nosing around inside TMR after he recorded his record in the booth on Friday, but he spaced it and forgot to tell me he found it so we could go back. Details anyone?
Scott and his wife actually told me about it and told me to take a look, or else I wouldn’t have known about it. Thank you!!!

It is a very cool room. They had a couch in there with a table and crate of records to choose from. They had one of the newest TMR Crosley players in there to spin some records. The back wall had a ton of White Stripes and Raconteurs posters all glued to the wall. I think a few photos of this wall have surfaced here on swirl. It was very cool and had a lot of beautiful posters. Made me cry to see them on there, when I would love to have them.

They also had an entire wall of photos with big events such as the balloon flexi launch, Neil Young recording in the booth last year at RSD, Willie Nelson’s photo from his birthday at TMR. There were many many others that I don’t remember.

Of course they also had an entire wall of limited vinyl. They had a DWTD, WWTD, LFR (which was almost evaporated. It made me happy to see even theres had the same issues as mine ;) ) and a cosmos among many other holy grails they have released.

My girlfriend took photos I believe so I will get them from her and post them when I can.
oojavaguru
Little Cream Soda

Post by oojavaguru »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPGK84Yuihc

I see Dreamover and some other swirlers here...you can see Kali when they are peeking through the door in the early AM.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Amazing recap!!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That was so hilarious when they were filming through the eyeholes. We could see the TMR staff guy looking through and his eyes looked so weird because of his glasses. Then they opened the door and panned the camera out, but something got screwy so they had to do it all over again starting with him looking out at us. We were cracking up because we were so giddy at that point.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Sucker - Yum
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398120880.342669.jpg
RSD TMR BANG CANDY GOODNESS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398121021.212346.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Darn. I wanted some of those but I couldn't deal with the crowd in the store after being crowded in the Blue Room.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Does anybody know how late into the evening the line went to buy the record?
houses are full of things that gather dust
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ Darn. I wanted some of those but I couldn't deal with the crowd in the store after being crowded in the Blue Room.

I waited until the end of the day to go in the store. That place had been wiped out !!! No record boxes, no record crates. I think they about sold out of everything they had for RSD by the time I went in there. The line was pretty long most of the day so I just "relaxed" in between shows. Seemed like time flew by and it was time for the WH show. Plus I guess I was the only dumb ass that parked way the hell over in the Cannery parking lot. I even parked near the back ..... Too far to walk back and forth to put stuff up !!!
But that sucker is damn good. Should have got 2 or 3 or 4 ...
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Alabama Woody wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:^^ Darn. I wanted some of those but I couldn't deal with the crowd in the store after being crowded in the Blue Room.

I waited until the end of the day to go in the store. That place had been wiped out !!! No record boxes, no record crates. I think they about sold out of everything they had for RSD by the time I went in there. The line was pretty long most of the day so I just "relaxed" in between shows. Seemed like time flew by and it was time for the WH show. Plus I guess I was the only dumb ass that parked way the hell over in the Cannery parking lot. I even parked near the back ..... Too far to walk back and forth to put stuff up !!!

Hey now, I parked at Cannery! :lol:
Todd
Little Bird

Post by Todd »

Melon wrote:Does anybody know how late into the evening the line went to buy the record?
When we went by right around 7pm and they were dissembling the table... No line left.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

curseofhalos wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:

Did you go through the gate and back in the gravel area ... :wave: Hi fellow dumb ass. Where in the Hell does everyone park ?

I had spied a spot over by the art place and was trying to sneak through the road closed deal and Cam came running out and beat like Hell on the side of my vehicle telling me no, so I backed up and drove around and that spot was gone of course so off to the Cannery I went. I like Cam but it pissed me off when he beat on my vehicle, but I was "breaking the rules" driving down a closed section of street at 7 in the morning going 1 1/2 mile an hour. He sure was fired up for 7 am, he needs to chill the fuck out ....
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Todd
Little Bird

Post by Todd »

Alabama Woody wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:

Did you go through the gate and back in the gravel area ... :wave: Hi fellow dumb ass. Where in the Hell does everyone park ?

I had spied a spot over by the art place and was trying to sneak through the road closed deal and Cam came running out and beat like Hell on the side of my vehicle telling me no, so I backed up and drove around and that spot was gone of course so off to the Cannery I went. I like Cam but it pissed me off when he beat on my vehicle, but I was "breaking the rules" driving down a closed section of street at 7 in the morning going 1 1/2 mile an hour. He sure was fired up for 7 am, he needs to chill the fuck out ....
We parked at Arnold's with no issues. Arrived at 745am, left around 5pm.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Has anyone framed their tickets and record and any other merch from the show???

I was just messing around in photoshop to get layouts and came up with this. I'd love to see what others are doing or take suggestions on mine..

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Todd wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:

We parked at Arnold's with no issues. Arrived at 745am, left around 5pm.
I thought about Arnold's, lots of people parked there. The whole tow you off at 6pm thing had me worried. I was not sure what to think of that other than its a long walk to Alabama !!! But TMR sure did have it worked out well, we got out of the blue room quick with records in hand. Real quick. I must say everything went real smooth I thought.
Sounds like the line to buy the records went quickly. Seemed like the line to get in the store was pretty long. I may have just not been checking good enough at times. I tried to avoid the lines ... The line went quick to get in the blue room. Its just hard to visit with friends, there is a lane to wait and a lane to walk back and forth to the back area, if you stop to talk with anyone your in the way. Of course Ben Swank gave me some shit about blocking the way, but he has alway fucked with me in a jovial way, I have fucked with him too. We have a weird relationship. I think we are trying to figure out who the biggest smart ass is and He is winning. I need to sick St Louis Ben on Him ... :o
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody