RSD @ TMR - April 19th 2014

Your Turntable's Not Dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: RSD @ TMR - April 19th 2014

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Stl_ben wrote:Who secretly recorded the show?!??? I NEED to listen to Would You Fight for My Love on repeat.
That song got me good, man. I wanna hear it again too.
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

i won't have a chance for a bit. but has anyone measured the JW poster?
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Fixing to hit the sack. Still smiling about RSD. Enjoyed the shit out of it. Still tired ... That was a good one !!! Somehow I managed to get all the other records I wanted to thanks to unscrupulous online retailers and a quick stop at Grimeys and a helpful Swirler !!!

Got the last copy of the latest (2nd) album from The Courtyard Hounds, 12" with 7" hiding inside at Grimeys. Woo Hoo !!! Glad I stopped, they did not have much left !

Happy RSD, Easter, and 420. Hate to see it all pass. Back to reality :|
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

There is a ul link over exystence's Links and Requests section.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

My neck is killing me this morning.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398079195.911759.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Todd
Little Bird

Post by Todd »

dreamover wrote:i won't have a chance for a bit. but has anyone measured the JW poster?
13"x25"

Interesting note, they were in random order on the table, mine aren't in sequence.
suttree
Little Cream Soda

Post by suttree »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I've seen one link to a Consequence of Sound report, but don't think if it was the same as this very detailed hour-by-hour report, with photos-- http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/04/j ... full-post/
That's article is really great, sums everything up as perfectly as anyone could. Highly recommend reading it.

Wow that really brought it all back. Saturday really blew my expectations away. The whole experience from camping all the way to WWH was so much fun. Hung with so many friends new and old nothing could have gone wrong. Jenny, Scott and family, Mojo and family, Tam, Sandra, Mike, JM and girl friend, Nick and his entourage, Wendy and Knoxville (congrats) Christine, Meohmy, the couple from Canada, some dude from NYC who didn't even have a ticket but was still having a great time etc etc, you guys made this the best day I've had since I began this JW craziness. Can't wait to do it again!

TULSA OR BUST!!!
<JackWhite> suttree: who doesn't love lillie mae?
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

suttree wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I've seen one link to a Consequence of Sound report, but don't think if it was the same as this very detailed hour-by-hour report, with photos-- http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/04/j ... full-post/
That's article is really great, sums everything up as perfectly as anyone could. Highly recommend reading it.

Wow that really brought it all back. Saturday really blew my expectations away. The whole experience from camping all the way to WWH was so much fun. Hung with so many friends new and old nothing could have gone wrong. Jenny, Scott and family, Mojo and family, Tam, Sandra, Mike, JM and girl friend, Nick and his entourage, Wendy and Knoxville (congrats) Christine, Meohmy, the couple from Canada, some dude from NYC who didn't even have a ticket but was still having a great time etc etc, you guys made this the best day I've had since I began this JW craziness. Can't wait to do it again!

TULSA OR BUST!!!
Right on, man. Great to meet you (and so many others) in the flesh, and get to hang. Can't wait until next year!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ That really did make the experience so much deeper, more fun, and more meaningful. One of the things I am truly grateful to Jack for is for connecting me to so many great people. I swear I've got more friends since getting into his music than I've had since elementary school.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ That really did make the experience so much deeper, more fun, and more meaningful. One of the things I am truly grateful to Jack for is for connecting me to so many great people. I swear I've got more friends since getting into his music than I've had since elementary school.
Yes, it was really good to meet you again :)
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

I didn't want to read this thread bc i knew extreme sadness would hit me and it did... Very jealous of all you that got to be at TMR this RSD but after i got over the sadness and read some of your guys posts it made me extremely happy to hear everybody had a great time. Very happy for all of you!!!!!! Maybe it can be me telling some stories next year lol at least i hope.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

mojoryan wrote:
suttree wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:

TULSA OR BUST!!!
Right on, man. Great to meet you (and so many others) in the flesh, and get to hang. Can't wait until next year!
Thanks for the link - never realised the 7 was MONO.
blazerdrum
Little Bird

Post by blazerdrum »

dreamover wrote:just made it home to chicago. opened my JW poster to see "25 of 100". can't believe they only made 100.

Hey nice to hang out with you guys!!!!

Brendan
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

So, did nyone check out the "Listening Room" Saturday? It was listed on the directional sign, and I completely forgot about it. My son mentioned nosing around inside TMR after he recorded his record in the booth on Friday, but he spaced it and forgot to tell me he found it so we could go back. Details anyone?
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5