RSD @ TMR - April 19th 2014

Your Turntable's Not Dead
knoxvle
Little Acorn

RSD @ TMR - April 19th 2014

Post by knoxvle »

So who's going?
What's everybody's plans when your there?
Get together for swirl members?
We're less than 1 month away people!
BlackJackEric
Little Cream Soda

Re: RSD @ TMR

Post by BlackJackEric »

I plan on being there all day. Maybe hit up Grimey's afterwards.
sugar never tasted so good
getbehindmejack
Little Acorn

Post by getbehindmejack »

I want to go but can not justify traveling all the way down there from Delaware just to buy a record which I have absolutely zero interest in. I definitely want the DEVO, Dresden Dolls and Nirvana stuff that's on the official RSD list, but NOT Whirlwind Heat. I find it hard to believe that will be their only RSD release, so hopefully they'll pull something else out last minute that will convince me to go.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I am always hoping for some live music. It would take that or a cool release to get me up there. Hanging with friends is a nice bonus !!! I hope something "exciting" is announced, I haven't been up there in a while. I'm bummed now that the Neil Young box set has been pushed back. So RSD in general is not to exciting. It has gotten to the point where I can get things a few dollars higher online and not have to fight the crowds at the Record Stores. Decisions ....decisions ....
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Really, i'm just waiting for an announcement of Third Man Records on their specific plans. If its not impressive, ill just hit up Grimeys.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I enjoyed Record Store Day at Third Man until it became a "camp out for two straight days" situation. I really don't see myself getting down there for RSD, possibly ever again. Would have to be something really special, like a brand-new Stripes single or LP.

I would show up on the day just to hang out with you all but I would be so far back in line it would be impossible. Can't make small talk from two blocks over ya' know? haha
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I enjoyed Record Store Day at Third Man until it became a "camp out for two straight days" situation. I really don't see myself getting down there for RSD, possibly ever again. Would have to be something really special, like a brand-new Stripes single or LP.

I would show up on the day just to hang out with you all but I would be so far back in line it would be impossible. Can't make small talk from two blocks over ya' know? haha
Yeah, I really hate that some people feel the need to camp for days for every single event, even when last year there was not much going on other than live music. You are forced to wait for 18 hours just to get the release...
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I bet not as many people come this year. Last year people traveled from all over. Seems that there was a rumor that something special was going to happen. The booth for recording was cool but I have little in the music talent department. The release was very easy to get without having to wait in line for it. I know people who just went in and watched the live shows then went out early at the end and got in the document line, then went and bought a Elephant. They got there about 10am. So this long line thing is kind of messed up. The people that camped should have first crack at the documents atleast.
The year before there was a monsoon as we camped for a very very limited liquid filled record that was $100. They sold atleast 400 of them and they leaked and suck in general.
So, I'm not bitter, just not expecting much out of them anymore. They don't release limited stuff in Nashville like they use to anymore. I hope I'm really wrong and they have some cool stuff.

I so miss the early days of the RaconTwoers and Jerry Lee Lewis playing. Even if he played the next day. He's old and it was cold !!!

Now its just line up for a bunch of nothing really. I bought the document from another swirler for a decent price and I had already ordered the record from an online dealer last year. Hope its a lot better this year. Remember those laser cut Karen Elson records they were cool. Best 7" TMR has done in a while if you ask me !!!

Come on man .....
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Yup. Last year I drove down from Canada and camped over night in hopes I would see something special. Then I got the split elephant album which was available everywhere and was up front for the live shows. We ended up waiting in the blue room for a long time because we knew jack was there and hoped he would do a show. Never happened. Also, even though I was at tmr for almost 20 hours, I never even got a coloured document series LP. Also the recording booth closed before we had a chance to record so we had to come back the next day. All in all, big disappointment. It was cool to see Jack and Neil there but that still doesn't make the 14hr drive each way worth it. I'm hoping this year will be a little better
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

It seems like he could throw those 400 people a bone and maybe play a song or two. I think maybe he just likes hanging out sometimes. But from what I heard Dean, Allison, Jack, Karen, Mark, everyone was there. They could have kicked out a song or two and blowed everyones mind and made a trip well worth it. I think his main focus was on the record recording booth as well.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

I remember mostly the cold for the queue
and of course Jerry Lee Lewis the next day.

I spent heavily to get there but there was very
little to buy once I got there.

Had most of the stuff in the store already.

Was worth the trip all the same.

Hope you get something special this year.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kaber wrote:I remember mostly the cold for the queue
and of course Jerry Lee Lewis the next day.

I spent heavily to get there but there was very
little to buy once I got there.

Had most of the stuff in the store already.

Was worth the trip all the same.

Hope you get something special this year.
That was the year they had a line for the store and for the RRS. I was across the street you, were at the store. Wish I could have spent more time with you. I had gone to Grimeys that morning real early and met up with my wife and son at TMR. I was one tired puppy by the time I got through and just went home !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:It seems like he could throw those 400 people a bone and maybe play a song or two. I think maybe he just likes hanging out sometimes. But from what I heard Dean, Allison, Jack, Karen, Mark, everyone was there. They could have kicked out a song or two and blowed everyones mind and made a trip well worth it. I think his main focus was on the record recording booth as well.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year !
Yeah. That is exactly what I was waiting around for. Someone apparently saw Dean on the airplane on their way to Nashville and he said "you guys picked a good weekend to be in Nashville" and with everyone at tmr, we were waiting for a surprise but nope. We all figured with him being RSD ambassador and being at TMR with everyone, it might happen. I think I get my hopes up every year haha
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Do y'all think anything's going on at TMR for RSD? Hopefully an announcement tomorrow! And Vault Packs. And Desert Gold boxes.
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Well jack did release blunderbuss 2 years ago in april..... *fingers crossed*