Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose (TMR vinyl release)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose (TMR vinyl release)

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I wonder if it's a network of people sending in homeless people or just one single, solitary son of a bitch.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

would one of you hipsters ask one of the homeless dudes to snag me a copy?
he is everything i hate...
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

Think it's just one dude. A guy in a 007 shirt walked up and gave a couple of the homeless some cash. Snapped a photo for the he'll of it. Not that any if this matters. Just bored.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

alteridiom wrote:Think it's just one dude. A guy in a 007 shirt walked up and gave a couple of the homeless some cash. Snapped a photo for the he'll of it. Not that any if this matters. Just bored.
You should put that pic up somewhere as a casual reference. Shun him! haha
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

probably the infamous travis tarpy, aka clarksvillekirby, aka clarksvillevacuum.
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

I thought he was homeless at first. Then he pulled out a wad of cash handed it out. He brought some food to them. Dude is missing a buch of teeth and looks raggedy as shit.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

alteridiom wrote:I thought he was homeless at first. Then he pulled out a wad of cash handed it out. He brought some food to them. Dude is missing a buch of teeth and looks raggedy as shit.
yeah, back when they regularly released stuff in nashville, tarpy wouldn't come down himself anymore (probably in fear of a beating) and had that ugly toothless dude do al the dirty work for him.
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

alteridiom wrote:I thought he was homeless at first. Then he pulled out a wad of cash handed it out. He brought some food to them. Dude is missing a buch of teeth and looks raggedy as shit.
I sure hope someone is pointing this out to TMR, or atleast giving them the ole crazy eye! <@> <@>
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Maybe there should be a trivia question with each purchase. haha And if you don't get it right you have to get to the back of the line and you get another question when you make it back to the front.
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

i bought a record of that guy who has the 675 blue rose on Ebay right now i could get his name off my paypal and you can flame him in line if you guys are bored!!!
shaneoftheroad wrote:Maybe there should be a trivia question with each purchase. haha And if you don't get it right you have to get to the back of the line and you get another question when you make it back to the front.
Hi
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

Well Mr Blackwell is lurking in this thread so i think they know now ;) hi ben
BluefordT wrote:
I sure hope someone is pointing this out to TMR, or atleast giving them the ole crazy eye! <@> <@>
Hi
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

My friend Clarissa is in line and she just mentioned something about a ticket system? Anyone know what that's about?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Such a vague text...

"I don't think I'm in the first 100 bc I think they may be doing a ticket like thing"
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Floyd, they must've had you in mind when they came up with this one...

From the TMR Facebook page and thirdmanrecords.com:
THE BLUE ROSE BEAUTY PAGEANT - from today through Mon the 15th post a picture of yourself or friend wearing a BLUE DRESS here on the Third Man page and the 3 pictures with the most 'LIKES' will win lmtd. edition copies of the Blue Rose Loretta Lynn Van Lear Rose LP from TMR. This includes you too fellas! get to posin and postin!
I can't stop laughing. Can't wait to see the results of this idea. And I really want to see Swank and Blackwell in blue dresses.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

NICE! Not sure the old lady has a blue dress I can put on for a pic.....sounds like a trip to the mall is in order!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom