ISO Led Zeppelin 7s and LPs

Rag and bone!
elduderino
Little Ghost

Re: ISO Led Zeppelin 7s and LPs

Post by elduderino »

achouza wrote:Sweeeet,,, so Grim whats the backstory on this 7' and why its worth so much? For that kind of money im sure its not a regular japanese release,,,alot of rare releases if i dont find them on popsike i never know if its worth 100 or 1,000,,
i think the quote hawke posted pretty much sums it up.
he is everything i hate...
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Grimtale wrote:
hawke000 wrote:Horey Shit.
http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=235638
Grim
I hope you didn't buy from EIL. For White Stripes stuff the prices on there have always been double what they would normally be. Well, at least that's what they used to be like, I haven't been on there for quite a long time since they were such a ripoff..
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

higherlimits wrote: I hope you didn't buy from EIL. For White Stripes stuff the prices on there have always been double what they would normally be. Well, at least that's what they used to be like, I haven't been on there for quite a long time since they were such a ripoff..
I paid $200 for it 20 years ago, that was a lot of cash back then, about like paying $2000 now. Never seen one on ebay ever. Only heard rumors of them selling in private hands. No real way to gauge the value. I heard rumors of a guy who traded a car for one, no idea what kind though. I doubt I would ever sell it, but if I did it would be in the HP LB kinda range. There are way more zep collectors than jack and less of these than HP LB. However, maybe not the historic significance though. Still so damn rare.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Here ya go! But one question, what is it?

[ebay]110339828472[/ebay]
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

greginchains wrote:Here ya go! But one question, what is it?

That thing has been up on ebay for 3 years... hasn't sold yet.
it's not a test pressing. It's a reject that got tossed out but never recycled.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Grimtale wrote:
greginchains wrote:Here ya go! But one question, what is it?

That thing has been up on ebay for 3 years... hasn't sold yet.
it's not a test pressing. It's a reject that got tossed out but never recycled.
Grim
Crazy, never seen anything like that before...
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Grimtale wrote:
higherlimits wrote: I hope you didn't buy from EIL. For White Stripes stuff the prices on there have always been double what they would normally be. Well, at least that's what they used to be like, I haven't been on there for quite a long time since they were such a ripoff..
I paid $200 for it 20 years ago, that was a lot of cash back then, about like paying $2000 now. Never seen one on ebay ever. Only heard rumors of them selling in private hands. No real way to gauge the value. I heard rumors of a guy who traded a car for one, no idea what kind though. I doubt I would ever sell it, but if I did it would be in the HP LB kinda range. There are way more zep collectors than jack and less of these than HP LB. However, maybe not the historic significance though. Still so damn rare.
Grim
I think your last statement is the best statement. Maybe uber rare, but, this cannot be compared to a hand painted Lafayette Blues. It's far too dull and boring to even consider a comparison. Granted that's a nice picture of Percy :)