White Stripes songs in commercials / ads

Everything in Stripes
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

White Stripes songs in commercials / ads

Post by DeeBee »

I didn't see any existing thread for this general topic in the first few pages, so here it is.

There was a thread for the Captain Morgan rum ad on television:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4648

I'm curious about an ad I heard on the radio today, for Chevy Silverado. The music was not very prominent, just playing in the background. But to my ears it sounded a lot like "Hardest Button to Button." I could not tell for sure, because of road noise in the car, and the voiceover being louder. But I'm curious if anyone else heard it, and if anyone can tell whether or not it's actually HBTB. I did a search on both google and youtube and I could not find this specific radio ad; so it might be a new one.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: White Stripes songs in commercials / ads

Post by rsimms3 »

DeeBee wrote:I didn't see any existing thread for this general topic in the first few pages, so here it is.

There was a thread for the Captain Morgan rum ad on television:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4648

I'm curious about an ad I heard on the radio today, for Chevy Silverado. The music was not very prominent, just playing in the background. But to my ears it sounded a lot like "Hardest Button to Button." I could not tell for sure, because of road noise in the car, and the voiceover being louder. But I'm curious if anyone else heard it, and if anyone can tell whether or not it's actually HBTB. I did a search on both google and youtube and I could not find this specific radio ad; so it might be a new one.
There was a thread, maybe it was mixed in with the general movie trailer thread, about Jack White related songs in movie trailers and on TV. I know the Dead Weather has been in a LOT of commercials and TV shows in the past couple years.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

^ Well, maybe this would go better in the TMR or the Jack White section; but given that it was a TWS song that I may have heard today, I put it here. Maybe I should add that the music on the Chevy Silverado ad was only instrumental. But man, it sure did sound a lot like HBTB to me. I only heard it once, and I can't be sure.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

The U.S. Air Force had one a few years ago that had a song that sounded almost exactly like a WS song. It was unauthorized and didn't last long. I believe TMR had something posted in their news section about it.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

orangeshoeskid wrote:The U.S. Air Force had one a few years ago that had a song that sounded almost exactly like a WS song. It was unauthorized and didn't last long. I believe TMR had something posted in their news section about it.
Yeah, I recall that. It's one of the reasons I was wondering about this one. It's subjective thing, to a large degree, as to how much one piece of music sounds like another one. But this one sounded so close to HBTB to me, that I could swear there was a good chance it actually was that song. I'd like to find the ad online, and find out for sure if it is, or if it's just another piece of music that sounds a lot like it. Short of that, I'm curious to know if anyone else heard it and what they think.
kristoefoe
Little Bird

Post by kristoefoe »

DeeBee wrote:^ Well, maybe this would go better in the TMR or the Jack White section; but given that it was a TWS song that I may have heard today, I put it here. Maybe I should add that the music on the Chevy Silverado ad was only instrumental. But man, it sure did sound a lot like HBTB to me. I only heard it once, and I can't be sure.
I see the oint you are trying to make, but this is for WHITE STRIPES songs. Not DeadWeather, or Raconteurs or anything else
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

kristoefoe wrote:
DeeBee wrote:^ Well, maybe this would go better in the TMR or the Jack White section; but given that it was a TWS song that I may have heard today, I put it here. Maybe I should add that the music on the Chevy Silverado ad was only instrumental. But man, it sure did sound a lot like HBTB to me. I only heard it once, and I can't be sure.
I see the oint you are trying to make, but this is for WHITE STRIPES songs. Not DeadWeather, or Raconteurs or anything else
Like I said, I put it here because HBTB is a White Stripes song. (Although, technically, all "White Stripes songs" are actually "Jack White songs.") As an update: I finally heard the radio ad again, this time at home and not in the car. Hearing it more clearly, it was not Hardest Button, but there were some distinct similarities. When it was masked by the road noise, the similarities really stood out more.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

There was a 2 hour show on CBS tonight called "TEACH", that explored America's education system through the eyes of a few teachers. Since I'll be a teacher in a year or so I watched it. The surprising part, and the White Stripes part, was at the very end. The production company was called Little Room Productions and when it showed up at the end it had the first 3-4 seconds of the song (by the same name) playing when their logo came up. Thought it was interesting and quite unexpected.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.