"No White Stripes Reunion Ever"

Everything in Stripes
higherlimits
Little People

"No White Stripes Reunion Ever"

Post by higherlimits »

Jack White is officially squashing those inevitable White Stripes reunion rumors before they even start. The singer recently told NME that there is "absolutely no chance" that he will ever get back together with Meg White to restore The White Stripes. That is, unless he "went bankrupt."

"I couldn't see any reason to ever do that," White told NME. "I'm not the kind of person that would retire from baseball and come out of retirement the next year. I mean, if we went to all the trouble of telling people we're done, we meant it you know?"

In February, The White Stripes officially called it quits after an extended hiatus from the music scene. The band has been de facto broken up since they toured in support of their last record "Icky Thump" in 2007.

The White Stripes released a statement, clarifying that the breakup "was "for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve What is beautiful and special about the band and have it stay that way."

White told NME that he wanted to officially end the band before releasing his new solo record. "I said eventually ... I'm going to record by myself under my name, and I don't really feel like going through the dumb perception battle of people who couldn't be broad minded enough to understand the difference between Jack White and The White Stripes."

Jack White's solo career is currently taking off. He's been releasing off his upcoming album, Blunderbuss, and he recently premiered his latest single, "Sixteen Saltines," on SNL,along with his first single "Love Interruption."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/2 ... 72765.html
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: "No White Stripes Reunion Ever"

Post by Stl_ben »

So if they go in the Hall of Fame...no reunion for that?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Stl_ben wrote:So if they go in the Hall of Fame...no reunion for that?
I didn't think about that! I bet they would for that.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Did Jack just take a shot at Andy Pettitte?
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

I don't think bankruptcy is in Jacks future so Rock and roll hall of fame show it is.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

cwja wrote:Did Jack just take a shot at Andy Pettitte?
Or Roger Clemens, or Michael Jordan, or Brett Favre...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Stl_ben wrote:
cwja wrote:Did Jack just take a shot at Andy Pettitte?
Or Roger Clemens, or Michael Jordan, or Brett Favre...
Lance Armstrong...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Perfect

In the words of Spacemen 3

let me down gently
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

what a party pooper jack!
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

Never say Never Ever
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Jack will always be in the shadow of White Stripes just as Paul McCartney is forever in the shadow of Beatles. I think he knows this. But as far as that goes, it's not a bad place to be. He'll be making music forever.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Truth. And a very rational truth, at that.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Jack will always be in the shadow of White Stripes just as Paul McCartney is forever in the shadow of Beatles. I think he knows this. But as far as that goes, it's not a bad place to be. He'll be making music forever.
I never thought I would say this but after seeing a couple of shows and a few of his new tracks he may not be in the Stripes shadow much longer.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I don't know, man. Stripes were raw. In a two piece there's a sense of danger and they always cut through it. Jack will always be incredible and some of his solo work may surpass the Stripes. But in 150 years when he's gone he'll be referred to as "Former White Stripes frontman". It can't be helped or avoided. You just can't get away from something so revolutionary.

I hope he doesn't run from it down the line. He should always embrace it like he's doing now in his live shows. Those songs should never be locked away.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I'll also never understand why bands say "even though we brought something great into the world, we will never, never play together again no matter what." What's the point of that? To say "never"?