1st Album Split Colour

Everything in Stripes
KeepOnKeepingOn
Little Bird

1st Album Split Colour

Post by KeepOnKeepingOn »

Hi there.
I just received my 1st album split colour in the post today. I have to say I am really pleased with it, as I am pretty new to The White Stripes collecting game! I started a couple of months before they split :( It's my first big WS purchase. However, I have read that all the split colours have black and yellow Third Man stickers on the back. But when I looked at my new, shrink wrapped LP, there was no sticker. But I can confirm it is split colour, as I opened it! So, is this sticker thing true, and if so does not having it have an effect on value at all?
hsp88
Little Ghost

Re: 1st Album Split Colour

Post by hsp88 »

KeepOnKeepingOn wrote:Hi there.
I just received my 1st album split colour in the post today. I have to say I am really pleased with it, as I am pretty new to The White Stripes collecting game! I started a couple of months before they split :( It's my first big WS purchase. However, I have read that all the split colours have black and yellow Third Man stickers on the back. But when I looked at my new, shrink wrapped LP, there was no sticker. But I can confirm it is split colour, as I opened it! So, is this sticker thing true, and if so does not having it have an effect on value at all?
The stickers were used to distinguish the split colors from regulars at third man records when they were sold there. they dont really affect value but they are cool
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

The ones sold at TMR had the little sticker on the back...the ones sold at the alternate location, which was on a corner in Detroit, did not have the sticker. No effect on value
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Is that the same sticker they used on the ICLABs that came with the dvd?
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

runofthemill wrote:Is that the same sticker they used on the ICLABs that came with the dvd?

Yes, it is the same sticker as the ICLAB DVD
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Cool, thanks