Gigposter: Wallingford 07

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
MegBot3000
Site Admin

Gigposter: Wallingford 07

Post by MegBot3000 »

This topic is dedicated to, and is for, and about the The White Stripes gigposter for their show in Wallingford 2007 by Rob Jones.

WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Gigposter: Wallingford 07

Post by kevron6 »

If you check out the date on the poster it is 7/25 Rob could not resist the opportunity to do a reference to Bob Dylan's historic performance when he went electric for the first time at the Newport Folk Festival on 7/25/1965. There are obvious other references to electricity including the picture of Nikola Tesla.

Edition size: 264
Poster size: 12.5x32
Last edited by kevron6 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

He could also not find an image of an original 60's Montgomery Ward Airline and the one that features in the print is the Eastwood Guitars replica model-
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
KaseyLS
Little Bird

Post by KaseyLS »

Scheckywhite wrote:He could also not find an image of an original 60's Montgomery Ward Airline and the one that features in the print is the Eastwood Guitars replica model-
I remember you mentioning this before. I know it really bugs you! :D

But I love mine regardless.
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

That was a strange gig. While the songs they played were pretty awesome the crowd was atrocious in the front of the pit. At least by us, we had the frat guy central of dumb shits.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
KaseyLS
Little Bird

Post by KaseyLS »

ms8shaw wrote:That was a strange gig. While the songs they played were pretty awesome the crowd was atrocious in the front of the pit. At least by us, we had the frat guy central of dumb shits.
I think I was on the other side of the pit....I had super tall dork in front of me (the only thing between me and the stage) who stood there with his arms folded the whole night! I was leaping about like crazy trying to see over him. There was a strange energy in the air, but the setlist was incredible.

And as a fangirl side-note, it was the first time I made eye-contact with Jack (**sigh**). Jack, please forgive Connecticut! There's good fans here too!!!
buttontobutton
Little Bird

Post by buttontobutton »

I was not at this show, my sister was, and I really want this poster. I would trade my #3 silkscreen from the box set and perhaps some other items for it. . .
awaiken
Little Bird

Post by awaiken »

i would love this poster. It kills me that i had a ticket to this show but had to sell it because i lacked transportation. This is by far my favorite WS gig poster, as i am fan of Tesla..

BTW, i'm selling all my posters (see signature)
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Shitty pic, but i finally got these up...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

IamFrank007 wrote:Shitty pic, but i finally got these up...
They look great. Well done!
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

Mine just game in the mail yesterday from richardgoodallgallery.com. #21. I took it immediately to Michaels for framing. Ill put a pic up when finished. So stoked to finally get this print.
That can go now.
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

Well it only took about 3 years. Finally found a good deal. Cost almost as much to frame though. I know have 3 prints with all the same framing. Still need 2 more to complete my man cave Jack/RJ artwork.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DBCooper on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
That can go now.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

DBCooper wrote:Well it only took about 3 years. Finally found a good deal. Cost almost as much to frame though. I know have 3 prints with all the same framing. Still need 2 more to complete my man cave Jack/RJ artwork.
Looks NICE! Oh, and I have several prints that cost more to frame than the print cost. :)
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

ya my wife isnt a fan of the "Rock Poster Prints" so that makes it that much harder to buy and put up, but she does dig the Glace Bay print. I guess that'll be next.
That can go now.