Album: Live in Las Vegas

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
getbehindmejack
Little Acorn

Re: Album: Live in Las Vegas

Post by getbehindmejack »

Alabama Woody wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:This belongs in a Vault Package! Hopefully next package. This was released between Elephant and GBMS, right? Right after the Elephant singles should come this.
Hell that sounds real good to me. Finally something we agree on ( insert handshake photo )
Get it?
or better yet...

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

getbehindmejack wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:This belongs in a Vault Package! Hopefully next package. This was released between Elephant and GBMS, right? Right after the Elephant singles should come this.
Hell that sounds real good to me. Finally something we agree on ( insert handshake photo )
Get it?
or better yet...

Good One !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

You can be Meg, Woody!

;) :lol: :lol: :arrow:
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Jettkoral wrote:You can be Meg, Woody!

;) :lol: :lol: :arrow:
Funny I was going to post the same thing but with you being Meg, beat me to it.

I would love to be inside of Meg .......to experience her feelings while drumming. I can live with it.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Alabama Woody wrote:I would love to be inside of Meg .......
:shock:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:I would love to be inside of Meg .......
Oh thank god. I'm not the only one who dreams of this. Hahah :arrow:
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

getbehindmejack wrote: Image
Get it?
or better yet...

Well FUCK!
I never realized that these two pics were from the same photo-shoot
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
getbehindmejack
Little Acorn

Post by getbehindmejack »

You and me both until I posted them!!! :lol:
I wonder if the handshake one used for the Gold Dollar show was intended for "Let's Shake Hands" single but perhaps they decided it was too obvious?
artstudent13
Little Bird

Post by artstudent13 »

i have this lp and it don't skip i hear many copys skip on the first song first side anyone hear about this prob?...thank you. steve
when i hear my name, i wanna disappear
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

arewhyehen wrote:So a few of you swirlers met my friend Mark from FM96 (my local radio station) last night at the Jack show in Toronto. I was talking with him and he said he had a white stripes album that was some sort of test pressing. He said it had no labels and was in white sleeves, so I assumed LILV but the no center labels through me off. He went home and checked and it was indeed the LILV.

Story goes as this..

His boss interviewed the White Stripes years ago in Nashville and this was given to him after the interview. From all of the LILV LP's I've seen, there has been the printed center labels, this does not have that. Is it infact a test pressing? It's been sitting under his desk for about 4 years after his boss forgot it there. He isn't looking to sell it, just looking to see what it is worth and if it's a test press or what nad maybe how many of these are out there.

Here are some photos...anyone who can help out...thanks :)

I knew the time would come for this....my friend asked me to make an offer on these...

Because it seems the writing on the sleeves was more than likely done by a random, I would just put them in new white sleeves to match these ones because there are marks and folds on the ones he has. I would keep the originals just in case...

Seems they have been selling for $350-400 lately..... $300 seem like a fair offer? (assuming the condition of the vinyl is still good)
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

arewhyehen wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:So a few of you swirlers met my friend Mark from FM96 (my local radio station) last night at the Jack show in Toronto. I was talking with him and he said he had a white stripes album that was some sort of test pressing. He said it had no labels and was in white sleeves, so I assumed LILV but the no center labels through me off. He went home and checked and it was indeed the LILV.

Story goes as this..

His boss interviewed the White Stripes years ago in Nashville and this was given to him after the interview. From all of the LILV LP's I've seen, there has been the printed center labels, this does not have that. Is it infact a test pressing? It's been sitting under his desk for about 4 years after his boss forgot it there. He isn't looking to sell it, just looking to see what it is worth and if it's a test press or what nad maybe how many of these are out there.

Here are some photos...anyone who can help out...thanks :)

I knew the time would come for this....my friend asked me to make an offer on these...

Because it seems the writing on the sleeves was more than likely done by a random, I would just put them in new white sleeves to match these ones because there are marks and folds on the ones he has. I would keep the originals just in case...

Seems they have been selling for $350-400 lately..... $300 seem like a fair offer? (assuming the condition of the vinyl is still good)
I'd say they are not test presses, since they do not have test press labels. I think the white labels were all stamped with the tracks and these must be "leftovers". Maybe they could be catagorized as promotional copies. Cool. I'd say $300 is fair, but it depends on how much of a friend he is.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Yeah, I talked to Blackwell and we ruled out them being test presses. I just quoted that post from awhile ago so I didn't need to add the photos again :D
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

So this happened on my way home from work today, checking Discogs . . . :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Shit. Good grab.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

I'm surprised at how much this one has been coming down over the last 6 months or so. It was up around $600-$700 for a long time. I haven't seen one sell for over $450 in a while now.

Nice score.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.