Album: Live in Las Vegas

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
melikecheese
Little Bird

Re: Album: Live in Las Vegas

Post by melikecheese »

This is one of those items that I kick myself for not buying years ago.

When this first showed up on eBay, I have no idea what year, maybe 2003?, it sold for 30 bucks....but I guess that goes for a lot of WS items these days...

What I would give to analyze the sales data from eBay and get access to that data warehouse.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

That's what we're working on: www.whiteswirl.com just need more member input..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

So a few of you swirlers met my friend Mark from FM96 (my local radio station) last night at the Jack show in Toronto. I was talking with him and he said he had a white stripes album that was some sort of test pressing. He said it had no labels and was in white sleeves, so I assumed LILV but the no center labels through me off. He went home and checked and it was indeed the LILV.

Story goes as this..

His boss interviewed the White Stripes years ago in Nashville and this was given to him after the interview. From all of the LILV LP's I've seen, there has been the printed center labels, this does not have that. Is it infact a test pressing? It's been sitting under his desk for about 4 years after his boss forgot it there. He isn't looking to sell it, just looking to see what it is worth and if it's a test press or what nad maybe how many of these are out there.

Here are some photos...anyone who can help out...thanks :)

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

All copies are white labels with "Live in Las Vegas" stamped on with a rubber stamper. They could be tests, but more likely copies that hadn't been stamped. The sides (A, B, etc.) are written on in Sharpie. If you look at various pictures of copies the side letters aren't always in the same place relative to the stamp. On my copy there is red ink on the sleeve from where they stamped it and set it on the sleeve before it completely dried.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:All copies are white labels with "Live in Las Vegas" stamped on with a rubber stamper. They could be tests, but more likely copies that hadn't been stamped. The sides (A, B, etc.) are written on in Sharpie. If you look at various pictures of copies the side letters aren't always in the same place relative to the stamp. On my copy there is red ink on the sleeve from where they stamped it and set it on the sleeve before it completely dried.
Cool, thanks man. Either way, must be nice to get for free from his boss though? hah!! What I would do to be in the Music Industry. His boss interviewed Jack and Meg and Jack gave this to him after.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

No stampie copies are my vote... Not test pressings... but email blackwell to be sure..
Grim
I am everything you hate...
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

Looks a bit like Meg's handwriting! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Probably not, but an exciting prospect.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
subpopfan1
Pinball Wizard

Post by subpopfan1 »

highly doubt it to be Meg's handwriting...especially as I've never seen her write the band name as "the white strips"

i think this to be merely unstamped and the fact that the interview supposedly took place in Nashville helps that theory, as copies were pressed at URP and most likely sent off to New York to be finished with the rubber stamp.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

subpopfan1 wrote:highly doubt it to be Meg's handwriting...especially as I've never seen her write the band name as "the white strips"

i think this to be merely unstamped and the fact that the interview supposedly took place in Nashville helps that theory, as copies were pressed at URP and most likely sent off to New York to be finished with the rubber stamp.
Thanks Ben!! I will let him know.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I've bought this record twice and still have never seen one in person :(
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:I've bought this record twice and still have never seen one in person :(
How does that happen? lol
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Got scammed the first time and it got 'lost in the mail' the second time. It has cost me $550 thus far for nothing.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

higherlimits wrote:Got scammed the first time and it got 'lost in the mail' the second time. It has cost me $550 thus far for nothing.
No paypal dispute? Sucky man!
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

First time was Kevron and the second time I was out of the country and couldn't check my mail so didn't know it hadn't arrived until after the paypal limit. (I'm actually still out of the country but my girlfriend is now home)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chrono_1980 wrote:
higherlimits wrote:Got scammed the first time and it got 'lost in the mail' the second time. It has cost me $550 thus far for nothing.
No paypal dispute? Sucky man!
Paypal dispute is a bunch of bullshit. I tried it recently and had no luck. It took them 45 days to even do anything...and then they didn't do anything for me at all and once I tried to dispute again, it was already past the date limit because they took so long to even look at the case. Lost a ton of money there..