n/a

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Known inserts for White Stripes vinyl

Post by trickster »

You should have taken some pics
LP inserts you mean?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

From this old LR post: http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/inde ... try1683761:
The four Sympathy vinyl versions (of "The White Stripes" LP) are:

* red labels, insert, light grey film portion on sleeve (this is the original version as per Ben Blackwell)
* red labels, no insert, dark grey film portion on sleeve
* black labels, no insert, dark grey film portion on sleeve
* Rainbo re-press - not sure of the label colour, no insert, dark grey film portion on sleeve, extra S-48018 & S-48019 text in run-out

The rarest of the four should really be the original version but the Rainbo one seems to be a bit thin on the ground too. See this post for a photo of the difference between the light and dark filmstrips

---

"De Stijl" is pretty much the same as "The White Stripes" except there are only three Sympathy vinyl versions. All have the same labels- a photo on one side and a red label with the tracklisting on the other side. The red label shows the wrong catalogue number (SFTRI 572 rather than SFTRI 609) on all versions. One version has an insert; one version doesn't and the third version is a Rainbo re-press with no insert and extra S-48024 and S-48025 text in the run-out

"White Blood Cells" has three Sympathy vinyl versions:

* red vinyl with insert
* black vinyl with insert
* Rainbo repress on black vinyl with extra S-48026 and S-48027 text in the run-out, no insert

"Sympathetic Sounds Of Detroit" has (at least) two Sympathy vinyl versions. One has an insert and one is a Rainbo re-press with no insert , extra S-48664 and S-48665 text and REI in the run-out. Not sure if there is a version with just REI (and no S-xxxxx numbers) or one with just the S-xxxxx numbers (and no REI)

The total number of variations of these albums on vinyl (other than test pressings) would seem to be:

"The White Stripes" - six versions (4 x SFTRI; 1 x V2; 1 x XL)
"De Stijl" - five versions (3 x SFTRI; 1 x V2; 1 x XL)
"White Blood Cells" - five versions (3 x SFTRI; 1 x V2; 1 x XL)
"Elephant" - five versions (1 x V2 promo; 1 x XL promo; 1 x V2; 1 x XL; 1 x XL Australian version)
"Get Behind Me Satan" - two versions (1 x V2 promo; 1 x XL promo)
"Icky Thump" - two versions (1 x Warner Brothers; 1 x XL)

"Sympathetic Sounds Of Detroit" - two versions (2 x SFTRI)

So overall that's 27 different versions to collect and there might be some other variants I'm not aware of
Add to that the "Sympathetic Sounds Of Detroit" with just the REI in the run-out (i.e. no Rainbo number - thanks to Chris for that one), the recent XL reissues of S/T, De Stijl, WBC, Elephant and the Vault exclusive mono version of "Icky Thump" to make 30 different versions of the officially released White Stripes LPs and 3 versions of Sympathetic Sounds for a grand total of 33

If anyone has a Rainbo version of The White Stripes for sale or trade then drop me a PM. I don't think I've ever seen any Rainbo copy of that album other than the white label "test pressings" niceandhigh sells
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

I knew I'd forget something.

There are actually three XL versions on "White Blood Cells" (I think it was Dave/PCRL/AluminiumMan that I originally got this info from):

* original release on translucent red vinyl
* later release on opaque red vinyl
* recent (2008?) repress on opaque red vinyl

So make that 31 TWS albums + 3 for SSOD = 34
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Kaber wrote:I saw a few other inserts including an Insert for the Xmas single (XL version I think).
Are you referring to the jukebox label?

Tell us about these other inserts Chris..
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

What are these recent XL pressings. I started to see all the LP's for sale in my local stores(London,Ont.Canada) and online in 2008. So I needed the XL pressing of Elephant and ST, I bought them from my local store, Speed City Records.I buy from the XL website often, so I went to check out the site and see if they were for sale on the site . I have never seen them offered on the site.Why reissue and not sell on your own site??? XL that is. Or on TWS website?? Now they are all over the web and in all the record stores I have been in lately. Why is this?? Did XL press again? Were they lost in a warehouse somewhere? What's up with this??????? :?
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

barrowc wrote: Add to that the [...] recent XL reissues of S/T, De Stijl, WBC, Elephant...
The truth be spoken by Barrow. Why they aren't for sale at XL though, is beyond me. The reissues are surely due to the current trendiness/resurgence of vinyl. It's making it more work to find originals though.
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

XL seemed to lose some interest in their online shop a few years ago (from a White Stripes/Raconteurs point of view anyway - don't know how they are with other artists).

There's extra text in the run-outs of the recent pressings:

The White Stripes

XLLP 149 A B666684-01 A1 HL
XLLP 149 B B666684-01 B1 HL

De Stijl

XLLP 150 B670078-02 A2 MK
XLLP 150 B670078-01 B1 MK

White Blood Cells

XLLP-151-A2, B 670532-01 A2
XLLP-151-B2, B 670532-01 B2

Side A also has 'GRAZZ - THE EXCHANGE' etched in.

Elephant

A side: XLLP162 B830315-01 A1 MK
B side: XLLP162 B830315-01 B1 MK
3 side: XLLP162 B830315-02 C1 MK
D side: XLLP162 B830315-02 D1 MK

Details from le styler (S/T), barrowc (De Stijl & Elephant) and Nutteronaabus (WBC) all at the LR
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

just noticed that the XL reissues are showing up again in Newbury Comics. does anyone know if these are a second batch of reissues and do they have different numbers in the dead wax area? XL is making things difficult, again!