Album: White Blood Cells

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Re: Album: White Blood Cells

Post by coldsoup »

destijl wrote:
coldsoup wrote:
barrowc wrote:'It does exist, I have it (and have had since January 2006) and you merely have a gap in your collection"

The runout text is different between the two versions:

1st (translucent) XL press:

XLLP-151-A1 GRAZZ - THE EXCHANGE DAMONT
XLLP-151-B1

The second press is:

XLLP-151-A2 GRAZZ - THE EXCHANGE
XLLP-151-B2

(That info was originally posted by PCRL on the Little Room; I just re-checked it from my own copies and other than correcting PCRL's "DU MONT" to the correct "DAMONT", the info matches)
This is actually quite odd, judging from my copies, the 2008 opaque must have been made from the original opaque master plates, as it also has no DAMONT and the B number is very faint and obviously an addition. So the 2nd press must have been from a different plate.

And by the way, if anyone has one, I AM LOOKING AGAIN.
For all those people trying to get ALL the variants of the XL RED vinyl, there has just been a new press. Released in the UK this week

XLLP-151-A2 B670532-01 A2 GRAZZ - THE EXCHANGE
XLLP-151-B2 B670532-01 B2

There is also a slight variation in the font on the barcode, even though the numbers are the same.

Not sure if this is exactly the same as the THIRD press (as I don't have that one to compare). If somebody can give the complete Matrix numbers of that version then that would be great.
Yeah this is identical to the third press that XL did in 2008, they've just slammed out some more. Been on my shelf for a couple of years and the matrix numbers are:
XLLP 151 A2, B 670532-01 A2 GRAZZ THE EXCHANGE
XLLP 151 B2, B 670532-01 B2
Which look suspiciously similar.
...if you can hear a piano fall...
mattrva
Little Bird

Post by mattrva »

I just got my copy in.

Here are some photos:

Sorry about the low quality. Only had my iPhone with me.
Photo: http://www.flickr.com/mattphotgraphs
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=mattphotographs

"If I can just hear your pretty voice
I don't think I need to see at all."
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Thanks for posting these.
I am very happy with my copy which I received not long ago.
My first ever red only copy of WBC.
I was impressed with the sleeve and insert quality too.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

if there were an album that i would tell friends to pick up to get to the heart of Jack White himself it would be this one... its one of the most direct forms of Jack White's skill and sincerity for me... once i heard it there was no doubt that i could be a fan if i was willing to do that back then... congrats on your score!

its not the kind of album that captures your heart so much as it gets you by the throat and demands to know if you wanna hear some more
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

hpratthd
Little Bird

Post by hpratthd »

Does anyone have the skinny on identifying details for the SFTRI translucent vinyl edition? I found a copy at a garage sale for $2! Which seems too good to be true. I'm also wondering if it may be a counterfeit -- the outside jacket looks a little blurry, relative to the XL version.

And, assuming this is legit -- can anyone clear up whether it's an edition of 100 or 500? I've seen both numbers out there.

Thanks.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

post a pic and you'll be told fairly quickly. There are no fakes known for that album so odds are it's real.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

hpratthd wrote:Does anyone have the skinny on identifying details for the SFTRI translucent vinyl edition? I found a copy at a garage sale for $2! Which seems too good to be true. I'm also wondering if it may be a counterfeit -- the outside jacket looks a little blurry, relative to the XL version.

And, assuming this is legit -- can anyone clear up whether it's an edition of 100 or 500? I've seen both numbers out there.

Thanks.
Yeah. If I was a betting man I'd bet on it being 100% genuine. As far as desirability, the SFTRI red pressings seem to be in MUCH higher demand than the XL. I've always heard there were 500 pressed but I haven't researched extensively to see if that's true. I'd still like to see some photos but yeah, I'd say you got an amazing deal.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

If we're talking LGJ, 500=1000
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Jettkoral wrote:If we're talking LGJ, 500=1000
That's some TRUTH up there, folks.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

I believe there are 300 red White Blood Cells on Sympathy.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

What is in the dead wax? List everything, if you would. That will tell the tale of what you have.
artstudent13
Little Bird

Post by artstudent13 »

i have a sftri red vinyl copy of white blood cells anyone know its value? thank you...steve
when i hear my name, i wanna disappear
19wart69
Little Bird

Post by 19wart69 »

i can answer questions - real quick-like......its on epay right now.

here is what i could see or read in the run out groove -

"side A - run-out groove "SYMPATHY" with a goofy "H" then some space and then "SFTRI 660-A" NO dash between "sftri" and the number 660. then theres some space followed by 2 groups of scribbles - not sure what the intent is/was there.

i honestly cant make out if they are letters or numbers....or were...and then they were scratched out or what - sorry.

side B run-out groove "SYMPAT*"...sorry, i cant make out the last character in that word - either way..there arent enough characters anyways. logically "HY" should follow "SYMPAT"....but theres only 1 goofy letter after "SYMPAT".

after the word "sympat*" there is some space and then theres "SFTRI-660-B" there IS a dash between sftri and the number 660. then there is a little space and again, i honestly cant make out the next 2 squiggles. i cant tell if they are letters or numbers....or were...and then got scratched out or what - sorry."

i bought this about 12 years ago - my daughter is 10....i bought it prior to her existence.....so thats how i date things...so that would be around 2003BC or 2004BC (before children)

i can and will post pix for future reference...if i can get it to work.

william
edwardcarlton
Little Bird

Post by edwardcarlton »