Album: The White Stripes

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Re: Album: The White Stripes

Post by dagingerrocker »

i found a NM original one for 40 should i go 4 it
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

Which record label (should be SFTRI)? Is there an insert (should be yes)? Is the colour of the labels red or black (should be red)? Is the film-strip part of the cover light-grey or dark-grey (should be light-grey)?

Light-grey looks like this:

Dark-grey looks like this:

What's the run-out text?
jasonbubalo
Little Bird

Post by jasonbubalo »

Hello everybody, I just bought a sealed copy of the split color version of this vinyl on ebay, and the seller says I can be assured it is a split vinyl because of the small third man sticker on the back corner of the record. Is that true? Is there any other way to tell short of opening it? I would like to keep it sealed if possible as I already have a black listening copy. Thanks everybody.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

jasonbubalo wrote:Hello everybody, I just bought a sealed copy of the split color version of this vinyl on ebay, and the seller says I can be assured it is a split vinyl because of the small third man sticker on the back corner of the record. Is that true? Is there any other way to tell short of opening it? I would like to keep it sealed if possible as I already have a black listening copy. Thanks everybody.
Open it....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

jasonbubalo wrote:Hello everybody, I just bought a sealed copy of the split color version of this vinyl on ebay, and the seller says I can be assured it is a split vinyl because of the small third man sticker on the back corner of the record. Is that true? Is there any other way to tell short of opening it? I would like to keep it sealed if possible as I already have a black listening copy. Thanks everybody.
Unless you're planning to sell it soon, open it. There's no point in having it otherwise.
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

TheHen0 wrote:
Unless you're planning to sell it soon, open it. There's no point in having it otherwise.

Um..........Long term investment-

Definition of 'Long-Term Investments'
An account on the asset side of a company's balance sheet that represents the investments that a company intends to hold for more than a year. They may include stocks, bonds, real estate and cash or Split colored records

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/lon ... z1h0mSHV00
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

TheHen0 wrote:
Why soon? There may be no point for you, but many of us are collectors.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Who did you buy it from? I would never buy one of these sealed unless I knew the buyer. Not sure that being sealed really adds any significant value, but willing to be shown otherwise.
stoutr wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

stoutr wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
I'm a collector too, but if you have it sealed forever, you might as well just have a sealed on on black vinyl.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

TheHen0 wrote:
stoutr wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
I'm a collector too, but if you have it sealed forever, you might as well just have a sealed on on black vinyl.
Not if you are collector of only non-black vinyl.
But right now it's color is much like schrodinger's cat box...a mystery until you open it and see whats inside.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

TheHen0 wrote:
stoutr wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
Never forget this little piece of advice regarding collecting.

1 to keep, one to play, one to trade. When you start with that thinking around here, you'll get far.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

hawke000 wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
stoutr wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
Never forget this little piece of advice regarding collecting.

1 to keep, one to play, one to trade. When you start with that thinking around here, you'll get far.
I can't afford three copies of everything though, so the most I ever get is two.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

the splits are noticeably lighter than the 180g black version.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

gdm wrote:
the splits are noticeably lighter than the 180g black version.
that's a good tip