New White Stripes Record Player, Headphones + gift set

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by chrono_1980 »

Makes me feel better that others haven't got theirs yet either. So much for before x-mas though I guess (mine was an x-mas gift for myself though, so no biggie!).
nesguys
Little Acorn

Post by nesguys »

melikecheese wrote:
nesguys wrote:So I just got my set yesterday (after a Fed Ex nightmare) and It's amazingly cool. The question I have is are people actually using the record player? I have no familiarity with Crosley but I just worry about playing rare and expensive vinyl on a low end record player. Don't want to chew up the grooves just for the sake of portability. Anyone have any thoughts?
You might ruin a record if you play it 300 times on the player, but you should be just fine. The tone arm setup is so light and there is not really a way to screw it up thanks to no counter weights. You would really have to stack some coins on the needle to start ruining it.
Thanks for the info. I think I've decided to use it as my 78 player as my old one couldn't play them and I have a buddy who keeps pushing old blues 78s on me.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I haven't seen mine yet but it could be waiting for me as I'm out of town. As far as I know it didn't arrive before Christmas.
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

Still waiting in Ontario. Just curious how much the other Canadians paid for shipping. I paid 130. Thanks.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

gdm wrote:Still waiting in Ontario. Just curious how much the other Canadians paid for shipping. I paid 130. Thanks.
I paid the same - in Alberta.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Toronto here, the same. 130. I got a mail notification yesterday, here's hoping I can pick it up today.
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

Mine showed up around 9 this morning. I was shocked that there were no customs charges. TMR did a great job of packing it. Everything is perfect, nothing missing either.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Looking for some technical help here before I bother the Bens. Opened up my record player today. Untethered the arm, lowered the suspension screw, removed the needle cap, plugged it in, light came on. Platter doesn't spin. Moved the tone arm to the grooves. Nuthin. Am I missing something?
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Speed control switch between speeds maybe?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
anonymousbrunette
Little People

rsimms3 wrote:Speed control switch between speeds maybe?
Won't turn on any of speeds. I don't hear anything mechanical (good or bad) from within.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

Post by cheeseprocedure »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Looking for some technical help here before I bother the Bens. Opened up my record player today. Untethered the arm, lowered the suspension screw, removed the needle cap, plugged it in, light came on. Platter doesn't spin. Moved the tone arm to the grooves. Nuthin. Am I missing something?

Check to make sure the switch on the back is switched to Phono not Aux IN. I hooked my MP3 player up to it and forgot to switch it back and tried to play a record.... the light came on but the table didnt move. I flipped the switch and it started working again. Hope this helps!
anonymousbrunette
Little People

cheeseprocedure wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:Looking for some technical help here before I bother the Bens. Opened up my record player today. Untethered the arm, lowered the suspension screw, removed the needle cap, plugged it in, light came on. Platter doesn't spin. Moved the tone arm to the grooves. Nuthin. Am I missing something?

Check to make sure the switch on the back is switched to Phono not Aux IN. I hooked my MP3 player up to it and forgot to switch it back and tried to play a record.... the light came on but the table didnt move. I flipped the switch and it started working again. Hope this helps!
You are brilliant. Thanks!

My ISO/FS/FT List
nesguys
Little Acorn

Post by nesguys »

melikecheese wrote:Does anyone have a problem with their turntable stopping to early?

The auto tone arm pick-up is kicking on too early and on a 7" only plays 3/4 of the song....

I really don't want to bother TMR and try to get it replaced or something, I'd rather just open it up and fix it, but due to the limited nature of the beast, I want to be 100% sure on the fix before I do it.

Would have loved it if the table had a headphone jack too! That's a Crosley thing not a TM thing but I was hoping to keep the table on my desk at work to listen to records.
Mine did this too. Did you find a fix?
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

hmmm mine still isn't here yet. did anyone who ordered from the 2nd batch get theirs?

my headphones arrived a week+ ago.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

I still don't have mine, and I ordered from the 1st batch. Same story with the headphones...