Merch: Inchophone + 7 x 3'' singles

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Merch: Inchophone + 7 x 3'' singles

Post by trickster »

anonymousbrunette wrote:The inchopone offers the low fidelity that only a fan could love.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
best quote ever!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
am extremely happy to finally get an inchophone.
My hands were almost shaking while opening it.
Having an item I was after so long and never thought I could own.
In 6 months time I got both 3" set and Inchophone for $375.
A set I once thought I was never gonna have in my collection.

I asked the guy from Hong Kong that sold me this. He has been selling both edition on eBay since summer
That's what he told me
1st picture (http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1368/26596044.jpg) is a normal retail version. Not included LP, some disc pad color is clear.
2nd picture (http://img98..imageshack.us/img98/3659/59619508.jpg) is a bundle or special version. Included one LP and disc pad is black color.
The apparent difference is that the box has a square with small pics of the product and the 2nd has a red square with letters.
Dont really understand what he means with the term pad but mine (red square version) has a small rubber "slipmat" in black color.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

I've noticed all the original Inchophones i've seen have the 4 small squares on the front.
Does anyone have an Inchophone sold at a WS gig with the larger red square on the front??

I missed out on an Inchophone & 7x3" singles two years ago - i bid £750 but didn't win.
I was extremely lucky in early November when i managed to get the Inchophone & records
for £140 :lol: Still one of my best ever deals!
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

there is one on feebay now and it has the red squares. the seller claims it was bought at a London show. I sent him a question to see if others were sold at the show with the red square. I always wondered about this as well.
tommyj
Little Bird

Post by tommyj »

The version of the inchophone with the large single red rectangle only started to appear with any great frequency when Third Man started knocking out the 3" box sets in the black box with ribbon, if you check on popsike recent sales on ebay show the records in the black box and the inchophone with the red rectangle. All previous sales of inchophones after the 2005 tour on ebay show the four small pictures.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

tommyj wrote:The version of the inchophone with the large single red rectangle only started to appear with any great frequency when Third Man started knocking out the 3" box sets in the black box with ribbon, if you check on popsike recent sales on ebay show the records in the black box and the inchophone with the red rectangle. All previous sales of inchophones after the 2005 tour on ebay show the four small pictures.
I think that is right, never saw a red square version on a popsike auction from the original time they
were sold.
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

can someone ask Ben to confirm?
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

Now, this doesn't really confirm either way - but I came across this picture, showing the bundle and the Inchophone with the single red rectangle...
and you would have thought that the box would have looked a bit less knackered, had it have been a Hong Kong import - maybe ?

http://mikesvinyl.webs.com/whitestripesraconteurs.htm

but, I agree with richardcosta - can anyone ask the font of all knowledge if he has any idea ?
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

anonymousbrunette wrote:We've covered this before.

http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=20
True, but I'm not convinced that a definitive answer was reached...

Take this ebay auction for example - and the bloke swears blind that he got the inchophone (with single red rectangle) from a London gig in November 2005 ;
[ebay]130405513153[/ebay]

and also, this picture of the Inchophone (with the 4 squares) with 2 of the Japanese records with it ;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34798475@N03/4128294151/

Again, neither seems to actually prove anything... so, it would be nice to know for sure
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

I bought an Inchophone from a guy in Hong Kong called 0888 on feebay. It has the single red square on the box and I chose that one because the box was in the best condition. he did have one of the other version (4 photos of Inchophone) for sale from Hong Kong as well. so I could have obtained the so called WS version from Hong Kong - but not at a WS show. Kinda blows some theories...

Ben Subpop fan where are you...
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

richardcosta wrote:I bought an Inchophone from a guy in Hong Kong called 0888 on feebay. It has the single red square on the box and I chose that one because the box was in the best condition. he did have one of the other version (4 photos of Inchophone) for sale from Hong Kong as well. so I could have obtained the so called WS version from Hong Kong - but not at a WS show. Kinda blows some theories...

Ben Subpop fan where are you...
The 4 square version wasn't exclusive to the WS, they bought what was left. So other 4 sq ones will be around
that weren't bought at WS shows.
I think there were no red square versions sold by WS......i could be wrong.
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

I asked the Hong Kong guy for some detail and he says the red square version was a bundle option with black rubber mat and one record. The 4 picture version was a retail item with no records and some had a clear mat. Anyone have one from a WS show and does it have a clear mat?
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

richardcosta wrote:I asked the Hong Kong guy for some detail and he says the red square version was a bundle option with black rubber mat and one record. The 4 picture version was a retail item with no records and some had a clear mat. Anyone have one from a WS show and does it have a clear mat?
I had the same reply from him and posted it here a while ago but no actual feedback was given by any member here

http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =40#p16347
Elwood
Little Cream Soda

Post by Elwood »

Since I purchased my inchophone I was looking for an appropriate home for my 3" singles.
And because there's no official WS 3" box available I figured it was about time to build my own one.

I thought I should share some pics of my first trial from two weeks ago.... The box is not yet complete and it definitely needs some finishing.
But altogether I'm quite happy with it. :)

Front View

Rear View

Bottom

Side View #1

Side View #2