Handpainted Lafayette Blues

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Re: Handpainted Lafayette Blues

Post by runofthemill »

Well then nevermind. :lol: It does sound like that mystery one was a Dave one though.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

rsimms3 wrote:That whole 1-7, 8-14, and 15 thing has been called into question several times. I think Jack said in a Modchat or interview that it was a collaboration between he and Dave and that neither of them did all the work for a set number of covers. The back of #6 would also support that since it is in the first 7 and signed with a III and not with Dave's three letters. So, given that I don't think we can infer what number Ben owns.

also number 3 above has the "III" mark on it
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

runofthemill wrote:Well then nevermind. :lol: It does sound like that mystery one was a Dave one though.
Sounds like that is one of the sure things in all of this. Maybe someday we'll know the number, but it's always nice to have something to look forward to.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

In my opinion the Dave ones are the better ones in terms of artwork. You can tell who did what by what is written on the back. If the instruments are all written out it's a Jack, if it just has a music note or something like that then it's a Dave.

As far as the 1-7 8-14 goes I think they each did 7 of them but they didn't do them in order so you can't tell who did what based on the number. I have a feeling that #14 is the collaboration, it doesn't have any marking saying who did it..
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

higherlimits wrote:I have a feeling that #14 is the collaboration, it doesn't have any marking saying who did it..
That's an interesting and plausible theory, though it would be inconsistent with what I was told when I bought it.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I think what you were told was a guess based on the writing. But if Jack did the writing and Dave did the picture then it'd be a collaboration.. I don't think there was ever confirmation either way.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Perhaps if we saw the back of yours crimpies we could make a more informed theory ;)
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

I'll see what I can cook up! (Forgot about that actually)

Reading back through this thread it seems that three years ago only six had been shown publicly. - now we're up to 11. Very cool.
subpopfan1
Pinball Wizard

Post by subpopfan1 »

i know the whereabouts of all but two of these...THAT will be the major challenge in the coming years, to find those.

as for the whole "Dave did 1-7, Jack did 8-14 and they collaborated on #15" i don't know exactly where that started, probably the Little Room. at a time when i had little evidence of copies outside of the one i owned this was a difficult thing to check. on the surface it seemed true so i just repeated it as fact. clearly it's incorrect.

wait until you guys see the full dust and grooves profile. it's sick.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

subpopfan1 wrote:i know the whereabouts of all but two of these...THAT will be the major challenge in the coming years, to find those.

as for the whole "Dave did 1-7, Jack did 8-14 and they collaborated on #15" i don't know exactly where that started, probably the Little Room. at a time when i had little evidence of copies outside of the one i owned this was a difficult thing to check. on the surface it seemed true so i just repeated it as fact. clearly it's incorrect.

:D
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

subpopfan1 wrote:wait until you guys see the full dust and grooves profile. it's sick.
O. M. G.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

subpopfan1 wrote:i know the whereabouts of all but two of these...THAT will be the major challenge in the coming years, to find those.

What number are the two missing ones?
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

bonerific x2!
he is everything i hate...
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I may have located one of the two missing ones recently. Time will tell..
Mark
I am everything you hate...
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

I love this thread. Please keep the good times rolling!! :D