Lego "Fell In Love With A Girl" Custom Set

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Lego "Fell In Love With A Girl" Custom Set

Post by rsimms3 »

Jack's legs are the worst....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Tell me about it. Securing him to the baseplate without breaking one or both of his legs should be an achievement worthy of a parade.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Jamie wrote:You know what? Screw it
:clap:
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Here's the XML for BrickLink for my version of the set. I work on some videos or instructions soon. 202 pieces total including the two black plates for the drums/cymbals but not the large blue plate.

https://app.box.com/s/3cvghncsxta54l6apkzth7by1myn3xs6

And pictures I gathered/took to develop the recreations, these will get you started or maybe all the way there based on the brick list.

https://app.box.com/s/wcsdmb5aw6dvyah0ox5zdjsskcardeii
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

I was under the impression that the one in the case was originally fan art, technically making Jamie's version a bootleg of fan art (albeit a more thoughtfully constructed version.)
Mainly I'm disappointed TMR jacked the execution with not so much as a nod. False scarcity is bullshit & TMR's MO.
Yo, some people have way to much time on their hands around here.

Gutted that Jamie shared the fruits of his labor without taking a dime from me. But you can't stop kind people. They're fucking relentless.
This thread epitomizes why I can't quit Swirl.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

anonymousbrunette wrote:I was under the impression that the one in the case was originally fan art, technically making Jamie's version a bootleg of fan art (albeit a more thoughtfully constructed version.)
I heard a story that the figures were a proof of concept that Gondry built and presented to the band when pitching the idea for the video, although that actual model that is displayed may very well not be that original model. If it is 100% fan art then I hope they've compensated that fan now that they've sold sets.
anonymousbrunette wrote:Gutted that Jamie shared the fruits of his labor without taking a dime from me.
For the record I was never going to take a dime, it was always going to be just for cost. Not only would it have been fun to share the project, but I could have got my own set made significantly cheaper if I was sharing the burden a bit.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote:I was under the impression that the one in the case was originally fan art, technically making Jamie's version a bootleg of fan art (albeit a more thoughtfully constructed version.)
Mainly I'm disappointed TMR jacked the execution with not so much as a nod. False scarcity is bullshit & TMR's MO.
Yo, some people have way to much time on their hands around here.

Gutted that Jamie shared the fruits of his labor without taking a dime from me. But you can't stop kind people. They're fucking relentless.
This thread epitomizes why I can't quit Swirl.

:clap:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

i purchased a set and would have purchased a set from jamie as well, his looks like a lego set. i thought the price was a bit steep until i decided to purchase the bricks to make the white stripes lettering from lego and it came to $30 cdn.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I decided to use Jamie's design, as they seem the closest to what's in the display at Third Man. The pieces finally arrived from Lego (after 3 weeks) and it looks great. Meg's head is on a bit wrong in this photo but here it is.

Jamie, man. You nailed it. Can't believe you just let the instructions go for nothing. Thanks, sir.

Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

How clear were my instructions, out of curiosity? You're the first person I know of to use them with fresh eyes.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

They were incredibly clear! Like, crazy clear. The only problem I had was step #16 with Jack. Threw me off for a minute but I finally got it. I should also say this is the first time I've ever built anything out of Legos using instructions.
willcrompton
Little Bird

Post by willcrompton »

Are these instructions still available???? I need this set.