Little Cream Soda

Re: Lego "Fell In Love With A Girl" Custom Set

Post by mbowers »

31 in stock. Seems like they didn’t make a ton of these. Buy now if you want it
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

Jamie wrote:Amazing, that's saved me some hassle! Gonna try and pick one up.
I thought TMR had worked it out with you? Obviously your idea.
Did they message and say anything?

It’s not officially a ‘lego’ set but uses Lego bricks.
Looks good!!

I hope TMR send you one with a little message of appreciation.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

chris865 wrote:

Looks good!!

Not a peep, but the timing would be quite coincidental. I guess they just saw there was demand on here and whipped their own version up, which is their right to do I suppose. It's clear that they've produced the box and book in house and then bought a bunch of bricks to make the sets themselves, which is pretty much how I would have been doing it.

Personally I'm not a fan of their box design, I much prefer mine (although I'm clearly not objective). I'm also curious to see their instruction book too as it looks like it's very few pages in the picture, mine is 46 pages and even that was a squeeze to fit everything in.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

I do not think there’s a coincidence...,
TMR have had a WS Lego set display in the shop since opening, I think?

Of course they can do it but it would have been nice to say to you: great idea, we’re going to make a set ourselves. Any advice? I’ll send you a set as way of recognition.....a nod to your vision.
That would have been a nice touch.
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

Jamie wrote:
chris865 wrote:

Looks good!!

Not a peep, but the timing would be quite coincidental. I guess they just saw there was demand on here and whipped their own version up, which is their right to do I suppose. It's clear that they've produced the box and book in house and then bought a bunch of bricks to make the sets themselves, which is pretty much how I would have been doing it.

Personally I'm not a fan of their box design, I much prefer mine (although I'm clearly not objective). I'm also curious to see their instruction book too as it looks like it's very few pages in the picture, mine is 46 pages and even that was a squeeze to fit everything in.
I prefer yours as well. Amazing job. I'd still buy one.
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

Out of stock
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

Had one in the basket early enough but just couldn't pull the trigger. $60 seemed steep, still want a set though
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

gst510 wrote:Out of stock
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

Oh, interesting....will we ever know if it’s coincidence or not?
benyo
Little Cream Soda

Post by benyo »

With shipping it probably would have been 100$. I missed it anyway.
Like your box and especially the instruction-book much more so also still in for 1-2 boxes :)
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

The instruction book is the most important part, I think. You can buy the Lego pieces anywhere. But you have to know what to buy and how they fit together. And you can't be sure it's 100% correct unless you get it from the source.
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

shaneoftheroad wrote:The instruction book is the most important part, I think. You can buy the Lego pieces anywhere. But you have to know what to buy and how they fit together. And you can't be sure it's 100% correct unless you get it from the source.
Yes. I had this thought too. Maybe you would consider circulating your instruction book? I actually prefer the TMR "stage" in that the figures and drums are on separate bottoms, which could be easily customized from your model. Not suggesting you give away your effort, but I would be down for a trade or donation type deal.
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

G-squared wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:The instruction book is the most important part, I think. You can buy the Lego pieces anywhere. But you have to know what to buy and how they fit together. And you can't be sure it's 100% correct unless you get it from the source.
Yes. I had this thought too. Maybe you would consider circulating your instruction book? I actually prefer the TMR "stage" in that the figures and drums are on separate bottoms, which could be easily customized from your model. Not suggesting you give away your effort, but I would be down for a trade or donation type deal.
My version is, as far as I'm confident in saying, identical to the one in the display case at Nashville. I would have happily shared the books and templates but now that they've made their own I guess mine would be considered a bootleg rather than a piece of fan art, so it doesn't feel right to do so.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Jamie wrote:
G-squared wrote:
My version is, as far as I'm confident in saying, identical to the one in the display case at Nashville. I would have happily shared the books and templates but now that they've made their own I guess mine would be considered a bootleg rather than a piece of fan art, so it doesn't feel right to do so.
I concur, my good man. Good on ya'.

(EDIT AND SPOILER ALERT! Jamie gave away his instructions for free and I used them. I would have bought the Third Man set but they didn't look quite like the ones in the display at TMR.)
Last edited by shaneoftheroad on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.