Jack White/Norah Jones/Danger Mouse collaboration

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White/Norah Jones/Danger Mouse collaboration

Post by Stl_ben »

Anyone found the Season's Trees / The Rose With The Broken Neck 7" in America yet so I could save on shipping?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
erikrodskjegg
Little Acorn

Post by erikrodskjegg »

got a mail from the recordshop i bought it from today, said it was on backorder, I told them that's too bad, as it most likely means they'll never have it, nor had it.
ISO: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3526
Instant karma's gonna get you.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I got mine today.

The orange marble copy is the album and it's pressed with the TMR 091 plates. Hence it has the 091 numbering and runout grooves.
The white instrumentals vinyl is the actual TMR 092 with its own etching.

Apart from the etching, the TMR catalogue number is not appearing anywhere else in the artwork.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

Does anyone have a spare and/or willing to sell theirs?

Mine came in bumped and split :-((

Best, Mark.

Rome_MRK4992_.JPG
Rome_MRK4994_.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Mark1976 wrote:Does anyone have a spare and/or willing to sell theirs?

Best, Mark.

Rome_MRK4992_.JPG
Rome_MRK4994_.JPG
Mine has a much worse corner :(
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

trickster wrote:
Mark1976 wrote:Does anyone have a spare and/or willing to sell theirs?

Best, Mark.

Rome_MRK4992_.JPG
Rome_MRK4994_.JPG
Mine has a much worse corner :(
+1
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

Good to know I'm not alone in this issue, I'm really beginning to get fed up with our precious vinyl beeing used as frisbees!!

We should join forces and do a petition or whatever it takes to create some awareness of this highly irritating phenomenon..
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I Odessa mine from uk and the store emailed me before shipping to let me know all the stock they received was damaged and they could not get replacements so knocked 10GBP off price. The stores get a hard time but often it is the distribution centers that are to blame.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

n/a
Last edited by tanzaib on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

tanzaib wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:I Odessa mine from uk and the store emailed me before shipping to let me know all the stock they received was damaged and they could not get replacements so knocked 10GBP off price. The stores get a hard time but often it is the distribution centers that are to blame.
Yep mine was damaged even with some great packaging by the store (meaning they must of got given them damaged) i sent it back got full refund plus postage back and brought a undamaged copy off ebay for the same price...
I even harassed TMR with requests for replacement sleeves but to no avail. Can send mine back though but having a hard time getting a copy off ebay for a reasonable price..I was on holiday when they were released so missed the first ones off e-bay. As it was so expensive I'm thinking of returning it anyway an see I can score one in the future..TMR should also put a few up for sale so you never know..
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

Got my copy of the new single from an indie this afternoon. It's NOT a TMR pressing and there's no reference to TMR anywhere, if some collectors are after it purely for those reasons.

There's a huge runout groove on both sides too. I guess they're both short tracks, but it's still a little disappointing for a £7 single.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

chanticleer wrote:Got my copy of the new single from an indie this afternoon. It's NOT a TMR pressing and there's no reference to TMR anywhere, if some collectors are after it purely for those reasons.

There's a huge runout groove on both sides too. I guess they're both short tracks, but it's still a little disappointing for a £7 single.
That does seem high. Bummer.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

chanticleer wrote:Got my copy of the new single from an indie this afternoon. It's NOT a TMR pressing and there's no reference to TMR anywhere, if some collectors are after it purely for those reasons.

I bought it today also and thought exactly the same thing. Not worth £7 imo
Never trust a hippy
FireyHadoken
Little Cream Soda

Post by FireyHadoken »

how much is seven pounds in US dollars? I bought mine for around seven dollars US.
"And if you're saying goodbye
Please don't you think me bitter
For recalling every rhyme
From the book, the page, the line, the word, the letter."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

FireyHadoken wrote:

how much is seven pounds in US dollars? I bought mine for around seven dollars US.
About $10.50. General rule of thumb is the GBP is 1.5x the U.S. dollar.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom